With the rise in synthetic identities, deep fakes, intelligent bots, and the worldwide increase in scams, internal audit’s ability to participate in the identification, detection, and determent of fraud is critical.
A recent FICO blog, went so far as to proclaim we now live in a “Scamdemic.” Today’s internal auditors need to understand the part data analytics play in the fraud arena.
Achieving a certificate in “Fraud Analytics Auditing” is an excellent way to demonstrate your fraud analytics capabilities. This certificate is designed to ensure all internal auditors have technical expertise to perform their role in fraud identification, detection, deterrence, and investigation. The course assists the internal auditor in gaining a fundamental understanding of fraud and fraud analytics in preparation for the Auditing Fraud Analytics certificate assessment.
Who will benefit from this program?
This program is for internal auditors who want to gain recognition of their application of data literacy knowledge to fraud risks. Upon completion of the program, participants will be eligible to sit for the assessment in order to earn the certificate.
- Recognize the types of fraudsters, the types of crimes they are likely to commit, and what clues can be revealed through data analytics.
- Recognize fraud data analytics methodologies and how to apply them within the role of the internal auditor.
- Investigate common business processes and external events that could lead to the use of Fraud data analytics including insider threats and cybercrimes.
- Associate descriptive, predictive, and social techniques used in fraud data analytics.
- Identify fraud data analytics opportunities.
This course will take place in-person in Montreal. Participants will be given a lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
Registration closes at 11:59 PM ET on May 21, 2024.